How often do you get to include the word ‘awesome‘ on your resume? Here is your chance! We’re looking for a passionate, organized, independent and innovative individual to join us this fall as the Awesome (Marketing and Events) Intern.
Here’s what we can offer:
- A unique experience to work with an entrepreneurial group of individuals to help make Pittsburgh better $1000 at a time
- Practical work experience in the marketing/communications/events field
- The chance to participate in monthly Awesome Pittsburgh Board meetings
- An opportunity to attend award celebrations where you can network professionally with awesome people
- These words on your resume: Awesome Intern
Here’s what we will need you to do:
- Find creative ways to use social media, traditional media, professional networks and other outlets to encourage applicants and promote awardees
- Write and distribute news releases that make reporters and bloggers say, “wow, that’s awesome”
- Create and maintain databases of media contacts, community organizations and outreach outlets
- Develop strategies for spreading awesomeness throughout Pittsburgh via speaking engagements, networking opportunities, community partnerships, etc
- Plan quarterly award celebrations (Awesome Parties!)
Some nuts and bolts info:
- The internship is based on 5 – 10 hours a week. Most of the work will be done virtually – we have no brick and mortar office.
- The internship is unpaid. But — we can’t stress this enough — your resume will say “Awesome Intern”
- The internship will start in October 2012.
To learn more about Awesome Pittsburgh, visit http://www.awesomepgh.com. To apply, send us an email to
say why you’d be an Awesome Intern and be sure to attach your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.