Pittsburgh, prepare to increase your awesomeness, $1,000 at a time.
Awesome Pittsburgh is a chapter of the Awesome Foundation, a global network of people devoted to forwarding the interest of awesomeness in the universe. The Awesome Foundation grants money – cold hard cash with no strings attached – to people or groups with brilliant ideas. Chapters around the world fund new projects every month.
Pittsburgh, already a hotbed of awesomeness, is brimming with smart, passionate, creative, crazy people. Awesome Pittsburgh’s team of trustees wants to give some of you $1000 to do something amazing. We want to hear your best ideas for making the Pittsburgh region stand out in the global economy, for connecting our communities, for celebrating art or technology, for making the community a better place to live, work, and play, or for simply surprising and delighting your fellow Pittsburghers.
If you have a project idea burning inside you, find out how to apply and get your submission to us by the next funding cycle (deadline is the 1st of each month).
Awesome Pgh Trustees and Volunteers
Awesome Pittsburgh brings together an interesting mix of people from diverse occupations, organizations, and backgrounds, all of whom share an interest in making Pittsburgh even more awesome and bringing Pittsburgh’s awesomeness to the world:
- David Brooks
- Elvira Eichleay
- Emily Keebler (Dean of Awesome) (@EmilyPGH)
- Eric Davis
- Evelyn Castillo
- Iris Whitworth
- Jeb Feldman (owner of UnSmoke Systems)
- Lauri Fink
- Marco Cardamone
- Matt Gaston (@mattgaston)
- Melonie Nance
- Mike Capsambelis (@mikecaps)
- Pete Maher (@LUMAInstitute)
- Sonia Bajwa
- Soraya Alexander
- Tina Tuminella (Awesome Ambassador)
- Andy Coleman (@BeardandBlazer)
- Ayanah Moor
- Carolina Pais-Barreto Beyers
- Carolyn Kelly
- David Thor
- Heather White
- Leah Helou
- Leah Lizarondo Shannon (@BrazenKitchen)
- Mary Ellen Solomon
- Melanie Harrington
- Paul André (@paulesque)
- Robert Young
- Steven Sokol
- Tony Macklin (@tonymacklin1)
The organization is simple. The board is comprised of 10 or more Trustees who promise to fulfill three duties:
- Contribution: Commit $100 per month in the interest of Awesome for at least a year. This contribution goes towards the $1,000 award we grant each month.
- Participation: Play an active role in accepting and reviewing applications, and in collectively deciding on winning ideas.
- Succession: Commit to help finding a replacement Trustee, should one need to back out of the obligation.
Trustees serve until they resign, lapse in participation, or are otherwise incapacitated. We’re keeping a wait list of potential Trustees, so feel free to email us if you’re interested.