The Pittsburgh chapter of the Awesome Foundation brings together an interesting mix of people from diverse occupations, organizations, and backgrounds, all of whom share an interest in making Pittsburgh even more awesome AND bringing Pittsburgh’s awesomeness to the world:
Your Awesome Pittsburgh Trustees
- Ayanah Moor
- Carolina Pais-Barreto Beyers
- David Thor
- Emily Keebler (Dean of Awesome)
- Heather White
- Jeb Feldman (owner of UnSmoke)
- Leah Helou
- Marco Cardamone
- Mary Ellen Solomon
- Matt Gaston (@mattgaston)
- Melanie Harrington
- Mike Capsambelis (@mikecaps)
- Steven Sokol
- Tony Macklin (@tonymacklin1)
- Paul André (@paulesque)
- Andy Coleman (@BeardandBlazer)
- Carolyn Kelly
- Leah Lizarondo Shannon (@BrazenKitchen)
The organization is simple. Chapters – like Awesome Pittsburgh – are comprised of 10-12 Trustees who promise to fulfill three duties:
- Contribution: Commit $100 per month in the interest of Awesome for at least a year. This contribution goes towards the $1,000 award we grant each month.
- Participation: Play an active role in accepting and reviewing applications, and in collectively deciding on winning ideas.
- Succession: Commit to help finding a replacement Trustee, should one need to back out of the obligation.
Trustees serve until they resign, lapse in participation, or are otherwise incapacitated. We’re keeping a wait list of potential Trustees, so feel free to email us if you’re interested.