The Pittsburgh chapter of the Awesome Foundation brings together an interesting mix of people from diverse occupations, organizations, and backgrounds, all of whom share an interest in making Pittsburgh even more awesome AND bringing Pittsburgh’s awesomeness to the world:
Your Awesome Pittsburgh Trustees
- Carolina Pais-Barreto Beyers (work)
- Carolyn Kelly
- David Thor
- Emily Keebler (Dean of Awesome)
- Heather White
- J Feldman
- Leah Helou
- Mary Ellen Solomon
- Matt Gaston (@mattgaston)
- Melanie Harrington
- Mike Capsambelis (@mikecaps)
- Steven Sokol
- Tony Macklin (@tonymacklin1)
The organization is simple. Chapters – like Awesome Pittsburgh – are comprised of 10-12 Trustees who promise to fulfill three duties:
- Contribution: Commit $100 per month in the interest of Awesome. This contribution goes towards the $1000 award we grant each month.
- Participation: Play an active role in accepting and reviewing applications and collectively deciding who gets them.
- Succession: Commit to finding a replacement trustee, should one need to back out of the obligation of being a trustee of The Awesome Foundation
Trustees serve until they resign, lapse in participation, or are otherwise incapacitated. It is an Awesome Foundation naming convention that the first person to hold the chair grants their name to that seat for all other trustees from that point onwards (e.g, the 3rd Matt Blake Chair for Higher Awesome Studies).