The Pittsburgh chapter of the Awesome Foundation brings together an interesting mix of people from diverse occupations, organizations, and backgrounds, all of whom share an interest in making Pittsburgh even more awesome AND bringing Pittsburgh’s awesomeness to the world:
Your Trustees and Volunteers
- Carolina Pais-Barreto Beyers
- Emily Keebler (Dean of Awesome) (@EmilyPGH)
- Evelyn Castillo
- Iris Whitworth
- Jeb Feldman (owner of UnSmoke)
- Leah Helou
- Marco Cardamone
- Matt Gaston (@mattgaston)
- Melanie Harrington
- Melonie Nance
- Mike Capsambelis (@mikecaps)
- Pete Maher (@LUMAInstitute)
- Robert Young
- Tina Tuminella (Awesome Ambassador)
Trustees on Sabbatical
- Paul André (@paulesque)
- Andy Coleman (@BeardandBlazer)
- Carolyn Kelly
- Ayanah Moor
- Leah Lizarondo Shannon (@BrazenKitchen)
- Mary Ellen Solomon
- Tony Macklin (@tonymacklin1)
The organization is simple. Chapters – like Awesome Pittsburgh – are comprised of 10 or more Trustees who promise to fulfill three duties:
- Contribution: Commit $100 per month in the interest of Awesome for at least a year. This contribution goes towards the $1,000 award we grant each month.
- Participation: Play an active role in accepting and reviewing applications, and in collectively deciding on winning ideas.
- Succession: Commit to help finding a replacement Trustee, should one need to back out of the obligation.
Trustees serve until they resign, lapse in participation, or are otherwise incapacitated. We’re keeping a wait list of potential Trustees, so feel free to email us if you’re interested.