We have $12,000 to hand out in 2012 for ideas that make the Pittsburgh region even more awesome. Could your idea win one of our monthly $1,000 awards?
The last time around, we received an amazing number of interesting proposals from organizations and individuals with awesome missions, and the ones that stood out for us focused on tangible projects that we couldn’t wait to see come to life. So what are we looking for? True awesomeness overcomes all else, but the following project qualities merit additional Awesome bonus points.*
- Wowness – Does it make us say, “Holy crap, that’s awesome!”?
- Utility – Would the Awesome micro-grant make a real difference in whether or not this project gets off the ground in the near future?
- Niceness – Is this idea one that makes people happy or helps people?
- Bigness/Local Impact - Does it have the potential to reach many people in the Pittsburgh region?
- Environmental Impact – Needless waste is not awesome.
We have a number of cool ideas in the hopper from our last review session, and we’re always on the hunt for new ones. You’re invited to submit yours by the end of the day on Jan. 15 to be considered for an award at the beginning of February. Or keep it cooking in your head and heart and submit it later in the year.
If you submitted one for the last round, we’ll keep it in play for a few more months, but feel free to punch up your original idea to add some of the factors above.
Tell your family, tell your friends, tell your co-workers, even that weird artsy tinkerer down the street. The Pittsburgh region deserves more awesomeness, and you are the people who bring that awesomeness to life!
* Special thanks to Awesome Toronto for the inspiration for many of these!